I thought it might be fun to think about some New Years’ resolutions that might be a little bit more unique and quirky. I don’t know about you but I’m tired of the same old same old : lose weight, change jobs, stop smoking, exercise, be more assertive and on and on. Let’s face it, if we were really interested in any of the aforementioned, we wouldn’t have to wait for January first to start. But hey, many of us like to procrastinate so the first of January has become a great target date for those who can seduce themselves into believing that the first of the year contains a magical catalyst for change. Good for you if it works, but the greatest challenge is sustainability. How about trying the following instead: 1.Try to avoid the “ignorantly self-important”, many of whom have realty shows and add nothing to our lives. 2. Stop trying to love yourself, it’s exhausting. Maybe just liking parts of yourself will do! 3. Don’t become obsessive about anything! It will only make you feel like a dart that’s always trying to hit the bull’s eye. 4. Try to accept that not getting what you want may just be a grand stroke of luck. 5. Don’t kid yourself into believing that just because something is liquid, it’s similar to drinking water. Frappuccinos, and mocha lattes have as many calories as a 16-ounce rib eye. 6. Stop suffering in advance. Wait until something really bad happens, and then suffer—instead of planning on it. 7. Get rid of the energy vampires. If somebody drains the life out of you whenever you talk to them…wear garlic around your neck and move on. 8. Don’t you think we should stop sharing so much information? Getting your teeth cleaned is a great thing, but we don’t need to share what they found in the process. 9. Make sure you choose comfortable clothing. Life is difficult enough without spending the day feeling like your clothes are out to kill you. 10. And finally don’t wait to have fun. Your chores will never be done. Instead of putting off the fun try to make it a part of whatever you’re doing. No one ever lay on their death bed lamenting the fact that they didn’t finish their “to do” list. Happy New Year!
- 105,115 hits
Get A Life Blogs Coming: Coming Soon As A Book!
Get a Life search
- I’m perceived as an optimistic individual most of the time. But I must admit that I’m beginning to be more... fb.me/1HXw7CIAV 6 days ago
- “Without common sense we are doomed to be hooked by a plethora of BS.” lorettalaroche.blog/2017/11/15/wit… 6 days ago
- November 16th! I am so thrilled to be performing my new show right in Hanover, Massachusetts at the Laura's Center.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- How cognizant of what you say is directly related to the outcome you’ll get. If you continually speak of your life.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- It takes vigilance to be the guardian of thoughts, words, and deeds lorettalaroche.blog/2017/11/09/it-… 1 week ago
- Choose one day a week to consciously do things differently. Brush your teeth with the opposite hand, dance around... fb.me/PQEUPME4 2 weeks ago
Loretta LaRoche Get A Life Page
Get A Life Categories